The Staff Accountant will prepare and maintain financial records to track the organization’s assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Prepares monthly balance sheets, income statements, and profit and loss statements.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles cash disbursement accounts, payroll, customer accounts, and other financial accounts; manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies and/or completes payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- Coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software systems; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Manages the purchasing and invoicing system.
- Maintains knowledge of acceptable accounting practices and procedures.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and the ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Ability to correctly prepare tax reports.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or similar software, and accounting software.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, or related field, required.
- Experience in Real Estate Accounting required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.