- 3-3/4 cups (500 grams) All purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 gram) active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1-1/2 cups (350 grams) water
- 1 cup San Marzano canned tomatoes
- 28 oz. buffalo mozzarella
- sea salt
- 24 fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
- Mix ingredients together in a bowl by hand or a wooden spoon.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and allow to rise at room temperature (72F) for about 18 hours or until doubled.
- Scrape out dough onto a floured surface and divide into 4 equal pieces.
- Shape into balls by pulling left, right, top, and bottom of dough towards the center. Dust with flour if sticky.
- Use immediately or wrap each one in saran wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Allow about an hour to return to room temperature before using.
- On a floured surface, working one ball at a time, gently stretch dough to about 6-8 inches. Continue stretching very carefully while forming it into a 10 inch disc. It should look blistered.
- Flour your peel and place disc onto its center.
- Spoon 1/4 cup of tomato sauce evenly onto the pizza dough, leaving a 1 inch rim.
- Pat 7oz. mozzarella dry.
- Pull apart into 10 pieces and distribute them evenly over the sauce
- With a quick jerking motion, slide the pie into the wood burning oven
- Bake about 90 seconds
- Using the peel, remove from the oven
- Garnish with basil leaves, sprinkling of sea salt, and a touch of extra virgin olive oil