Nicolock Paving Stones, a large well-known concrete product manufacturing facility on South Shore, Long Island has an immediate need for a Forklift Operator.
This fast paced position keeps you engaged for your entire work shift.
Come work for a reputable business that has been making concrete products for more than 50 years!
- Employee will be at plant from start of shift until end of shift.
- Unloads production line which is constantly moving.
- Unloads trucks and keeps plant supplied with raw materials.
- Keeps plant dump hoppers unloaded and empty at all times.
- Safe attitude and ability to care for forklift.
- Must keep area clean and free of debris at all times.
- 2+ years experience in the operation of 7,000 to 10,000 lb forklifts.
- Experience in a building materials / distribution environment a strong plus.
- Availability to work up to a 12 hour shift and 6 days a week as needed (shifts will occasionally flex dependent upon production).
- Reports problems with machinery immediately.
- Ability to speak and read English preferred.
- When plant stops running, duties to shutdown facility and plant include cleaning machinery and equipment.
Benefits: Health/Dental/Life Insurance, 401K plans available
Pay: $14.00 – $16.00 per hour
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/ Protected Veterans and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.